November 19, 2012
My Dearest Family,
(But especially my mother)
Knowing how much my mother loves
and worries about me is my inspiration for this short letter.
By now, I'm sure you have read my email from this week. While I was going shopping, I was
thinking that even though I believed my story of the week was a cool example of
the importance of listening and acting upon the promptings of the spirit, it
may have been one of those stories I'm not supposed to share until after I'm
home from the mission. I did leave
one detail out of that story though in my rush to get it sent before my
computer time ran out.
That detail is this: of all the sketchy looking things I have witnessed in my stay here, that
was my first time ever feeling any degree of uneasiness. And I fully believe that the only
reason I felt uneasy in that situation is because I was supposed to act (by
turning to talk with them) but failed to do so.
Anyways, I just wanted to share that little detail with
you. I didn't realize 'til after
pressing that "send" button that my experience may have been on
better shared after the mission.
Well, time to get back on the basketball court.
Love you all!
(Especially you, Mom)
Elder Benjamin Ostler